I always get side tracked cleaning the big noticeable things in the house, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, and so forth, but I try to get to the window and door tracks at least monthly as well. I have it down so each window and door takes roughly ten minutes to clean!
- Scrub brush (I have a skinny one that fits perfectly in my window and door tracks
- Cleaning rag
- Take the scrub brush and loosen up all the gunk in the track.
- Vacuum out everything that comes up
- Take the rag and dip it in vinegar. Run this over all areas of the track
- Use a Q-Tip dipped in vinegar to get the hard to reach places.
- A couple times a year I will use a magic eraser and run it all over the door or window frame