Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. My husband and I love to spend it at home with our family relaxing and reflecting. I try to thank God everyday for the things He has blessed me with, but I love this special time with family that we can enjoy each others company and take a break from the hustle and bustle of life, be refreshed, and say Thank You.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I will post a few of my favorite recipes leading up to Thursday! I hope you will try these recipes, adapt them and make them your own!
Here is a link to the turkey we like to make: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/roast-turkey-apples-and-onions
It is very flavorful and moist! I love the apple and onion combination!
In the next few days, I will post recipes for:
- Sweet Potato Bites (Monday the 25th)
- Pumpkin Pie (Tuesday the 26th )
- Cranberry Sauce (Wednesday the 28th)
On Thanksgiving I will post our Thanksgiving Day craft! Little Miss loves to paint! We are making hand print turkeys!
Shopping list for Turkey, Sweet Potato Bites, Pumpkin Pie, and Cranberry Sauce
- 14 pound turkey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 chopped fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 crisp apples
- 5 red onions
- 2 sweet potatoes
- half a bag of marshmallows
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg
- 16oz pumpkin (fresh pumpkin if possible!)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Pie crust
- 1 pound of cranberries