We had so much fun making cookies tonight! Daddy was able to play with little miss while I made the dough, we took a nice stroll around the neighborhood, and when we came back, we decorated cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Beat powder sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours
- Heat oven to 375. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut out with desired shapes and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are light brown.
I put plastic wrap on the counter first, which made clean up go super fast! It was perfect, as I was able to pour flour on it, roll out the dough, cut the cookies, and at the very end, roll up all of the mess inside the plastic wrap!
Little miss loved being able to help make the cookies! She even helped cut them out!
While the cookies were baking, we made the frosting. Here is the recipe we used:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Mix powdered sugar and butter in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable
- Add in a couple drops of food coloring for desired color
I divided the batch of frosting into lots of little bowls to make lots of colors to choose from!
And of course we had to use lots of sprinkles!!!
The quick cleaned up mess!